Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dancing on the fence

Trade balance was -42.9b, which means we have imported less, however exports do not exceed imports overall. This is a subtle, but good move towards GDP growth. Jobless claims came in lower, although flat. Bloomberg's consumer confidence continues to decrease, but should rise in the latter part of the year. Wholesalers inventory decreased to a yearly low. Overall, reports indicate a good day domestically.

Going forward, POMO will not be exercised until Monday. Expect Friday to be a down day.


I bought the VXX in the pre-market because I assumed an overreaction to the trade balance release, but this was not the case. After the European rally, it oscillated back for me to take a small gain. And, if you know the contango effect on the VXX in relation to the VIX, selling the pops are the trend. I could of squeezed a few cents more to test resistance, but I am satisfied with my gain. My next trading day will be on the 15th. I can't wait.

Bi-weekly paycheck from BevMo: $375
2 days of trading: $1,500
3 months of diablo 3: -$65

2 comments: