Friday, August 24, 2012

Road to labor day

This week had some awkward volatility, but normal nonetheless. Indices are at the whims of the central banks. There's a meeting tomorrow between Germany and France to discuss what they want with 31 billion Euros ($35.85 billion) in relation to Greece. Good thing my portfolio is light on stocks right now, because volatility tends to overreact to the outcomes of these things. Next week, we get a GDP report for the US. That should be interesting and very pertinent to the FOMC press conference at Jackson Hole and the upcoming presidential election.

After that, the market tends to rally more often than not before labor day; in fact, 67% of the time based on history. After media scrutinizes the GDP, Euro, and all the pessimism, an entry on Thursday or Friday will be practical.



I got my paycheck from BevMo on Sunday. I got $250. I go back in an hour and a half, but let's breakdown the actual gain for working at my beloved employer...

Wage (hourly): $9.16
Hours: 5, if I'm on time
Commute (25 mpg): 8 miles
Cost of Gas (gallon): 4.10
Parking: $3
Tax: 15%

Equation: ((9.16*5)-((8/25)*4.1)-3)*.85
Grand total for my hard day's work... $35.26!
Supposedly, I am doing beer tasting today. If you want to drop by, go to BevMo Burlingame and witness my diligence!

No comments:

Post a Comment